Our Twin Folding Tester (Folding Endurance) Determines the folding resistance of paper, according to the Louis Schopper principle. The device measures the number of folds until the sample breaks. It is possible to test two samples simultaneously.
NF ISO 5626
• Standard device designed for security papers
• Automatic stop after sample break
• Standard version for paper up to 0.25 mm thickness, alternatively available for board
• Measurement and display of the folding head temperature optionally available
The device measures the number of folds until the sample breaks. The test requires that two samples be tested simultaneously.
Two samples are clamped in the folding heads for a simultaneous test. The spring supported sample supports are pulled apart, so that the samples are clamped at the specified force. After pushing the start button, the folding knives begin to guide the sample around the sapphire supported folding rolls. That way, the samples are folded on both sides at a radius of 0.25 mm. If one sample breaks, the folding process of the second sample continues until it breaks too. The movements of the folding heads stop after test termination, so that the samples can be removed. The device records and displays the number of folds until the sample breaks.
Versions: papers up to 0.25 mm thickness / boards
• Spring force min. 7.55 N / max. 9.81 N
• Testing length: 90 mm
• Sample length: 100 mm
• Sample width: 15 mm
• Speed: 120 strokes/min
• Digital display with statistic functions
• RS 232 interface for result transfer
• Compatible with MiniStat and PaperLIMS
• Optionally available with temperature sensor for temperature deviation measurements
Electricity: 230 V, 50 Hz or 110 V, 60 Hz (specify when ordering)
Water supply: None
Compressed air: None
Dimensions (WxDxH): 53x49x34 cm
Net weight: 50 kg
Gross weight: 80 kg